- Read geospatial PDF, GeoTIFF, and GeoPDF® maps
- Browse, preview, purchase and download professionally created maps from the PDF Maps Store, including 1:24,000 scale USGS topographic maps for the entire United States
- Access and load maps through iTunes File Sharing or Android file system or over a Wi-Fi or cellular network. Saved maps can be used without the need for a live network connection (offline).
- Quickly view, zoom and pan maps using gestures (pinch, drag and flick, double tap)
- View your location on a map using the built-in GPS device (requires iPhone and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular or compatible Android device)
- Plot placemarks, change pin colors, position and label names, enter attribute data and notes
- Track real-time movement with GPS (includes speed and elevation statistics) - save, export and import tracks (as KML)
- Use the compass to view true or magnetic north (iPad and iPhone only)
- Save placemarks and quickly navigate to placemarks from a list view. Save associated placemark attribute data as KML, CSV, or GPX files and export to iTunes (iOS only), save to SD card (Android only), e-mail or sync with Dropbox.
- Import placemarks (in KML/KMZ format) from SD card (Android only), Dropbox or the web.
- Display coordinates in a number of systems including Lat/Long (WGS84), Lat/Long (Map Default), Northing/Easting, or Military Grid Reference System (MGRS)/United States National Grid (USNG)
- Easily find the coordinates of any location in the map; including the ability to type in a coordinate to search.
- View the coordinates of the current position and of any placemark and open it in the Maps or Google Maps app
- Search for points of interest on any map. Places are based on search engine results. Save places as placemarks that can be visible or hidden as required.
- Measure distances and areas - save measurements to line data with the ability to import and export lines (as KML)
- Optionally render a map in higher resolution (iOS)